Stay closer

Stay closer

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sometime I just bi&*%$ about it because it releases by stress....

Last night before I closed my eyes I suddenly remember my trip to America in June during my brother's graduation. I have been busy and couldn't bother to blog about it but it hits me that the event hit me so hard. I still remember the faces of those immigration officers at SF.

I don't understand why people still being racist and no customer service skill or whatsoever.
These are such a common sense that all people should know by heart.

My whole family was so excited to attend my brother's graduation ceremony at UC Davis. His honor was highly important to us as we appreciate education in general, that's why everyone flew over to the far land of United States just for that one day.

Some of you may not find it as important or treat it as just another day but coming from a country that great school and higher level education is limited, almost none when I was young. It is a big deal.

What happen was my mother went through immigration at SF international airport and the officer who happen to be "white" he told us that her passport expiration date should be 6 months from the visa issued. I never heard of that before but the guy sent us to a room where an "Asian" officer was working and he just let us go because he said it's no big deal! We waited 45 minutes in there. That's one discrimination.

So Asian family tend to carry ton of cash when travel, specially my family, our country is not credit base. We work with cash in thousand and thousand of dollars, it is so common to see a dress-down gentlemen wears flip-flop but bank in hundred thousand cash in one time.

As I said, my brother's graduation is a big deal so my mum carried big sum of cash just enough to spend for his after graduation dinner and to sustain our one week in America for all 7 of our family members. On the other hand, I carried a certain sum just to open bank account in America for my son just because I assumed it will be safer and better for his future, who was six months old and sick at the time.

This last trip proved my decision to move back and never obtain the citizenship are all right thing to do. We didn't declare our cash on hand as a family, so officer "TRUN" (will never forget that name) stop us and inspect all of our luggage, cut them open, go through every little detail even our hand carry bags, and we couldn't touch any of it until they said so. Just because during the questioning my sister mentions that he wasn't as fortunate as my son that his mother is saving for him, he got so upset and wasn't going to let us go easily, his supervisor who is again "white" American pulls him aside told him to be firm and threaten us. Second discrimination.

The government of America was going to confiscate all of our cash on hand because we didn't declare the total amount (Come on! do their mother tell them how much money she have?? Why would my mother tell me honestly in the first place how much she was carrying!)

And accused my father of having a record with false declaration. Really!?? My father doesn't even speak a single English word

ME: "I want a lawyer, if you are going confiscated all of our money"
Officer TRUN: "Let me check with my supervisor"
after 10 minutes
Officer TRUN: "Ok this time we will let it be a warning so you can leave"

All of that after argument, anger and tension we waited for 3 hours! My six months old was on high fever and we have been tired from the plane ride over 17 hours! Seriously this is how people who work with honest money being treated for bringing TOO MUCH MONEY to spend in America?

I regretted for have had study in America and for allowing my son to become its citizen.

What's the different between American government and its policy holds comparing to other countries?

One thing I know for sure it don't give a f***** about tourism or customer service.

Thanks Heaven I wasn't born as American otherwise I will be that ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment