Stay closer

Stay closer

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Finding Happiness....

A question I often ask myself these days is "am I happy?" or "what can I do to feel happier?" It's not a mental question but I consider it a motivation question to look for higher purpose in life. But, what is a higher purpose in life? I came across audible book call "Delivering Happiness", have anyone read it? The author himself, Tony is the CEO of Zappos one of the largest online shoes store which brought up by Amazon for $1.2billion dollars.
This book was an inspirational moral to me and got to think deeper about my own path of happiness and what I do for a living. I don't enjoy working anymore. I used to come to work with a goal and purpose that I am here making a different for the country and for the people, that were my higher purpose in life. After working at the same company for almost a decade, everything faded. It no longer the company I see how it will be because the company no longer needed my effort to do so. The direction, mission and vision of the operation have changes into just profit generating company. It no longer share any purpose nor the principle I have. I have put my resignation letter our last year in November 2013, but it was rejected. I was ask to stay on until the company goes to IPO which might take another year. At the rate the company is achieving, I can tell that IPO listing is not happening as fast as I like it to be. I then started to think what will I do after I leave?

Is there anything else that I love to do or want to do? Financially, I can't say I have the money to do anything I want but I do have enough to start up something small. I love baking which I don't get the chance to do much. I spent my time wastefully and kept thinking I should or could have done thing that are useful or meaningful to the society. I just don't have the motivation to start. I'm finding my happiness which I want to be able to wake up everyday and love going into my work space and get real satisfaction each time I leave.

I had a goal in my mind that at certain age I should have this or that, but as time goes by those thing became meaningless it was just material thing that doesn't serve any meaning to me.

I'm staring a website call www.mothercare-kh.com which is personal project where information from (mostly babycenter.com) online summary and combined and translated into Khmer for the mothers or women who plan for pregnancy.

What else can I do? I know I have the knowledge and strength in me to do great thing but couldn't find anything that interest me anymore. I like to hear from other people who might feel loss and looking for happiness in life.

Please share with me your thoughts so perhaps I can learn and be inspired by your though.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment